Friday, August 19, 2005

One word for August in East Texas---HOT!!!

Has it really been one year since I first came to Garden Valley, Texas ? Wait a minute, Is it really 3 months already, since leaving the Caribbean Mercy? And did I have successfully conviced my boss to take me on as the Marketing Assistant, for which I will be forever grateful!! I found this to interesting work (and I have a great desk and office). When I think about I also have some great people I work with, (heh, not bad!).

Green grass, tall trees, pool, three squares a day, lots of people to talk too. I have nonthing to complain about. I am teaching these days on Wednesday night a watercolor class, which gives me and everyone who comes on Wednesday great pleasure and satisfaction. Kitchen 6 has the wonderful view of Texas sunsets, creating atmosphere for painting, plus enjoying fellowship, (what's all that laughing), and possibly learning. God is so good !!!!

Except for the heat, life at the I.O.C. is good. My legs are getting a good work out, walking from one building to the next, but for reason the weigh is not dropping, could have something to do with fresh bread in the Osias everyday!

I have been reassigned for the African Mercy, docked in New Castle, England for this November as the Special Events Manager. Some of the gals that will be working for me are also here. It has been wonderful to connect with them. They getting to know me and me getting to know them. I understand that it's getting pretty cold now in Northern England. Their winter last from August to May, blurr. The future looks cold and busy and I am bitting-at-the-bit to get there. We are set for our first sail late April 06 to spent 18 month continued outreach in Ghana, West Africa. African Mercy's maidein sail will be the World's largest private hositpal.

Until next time, God's Perfect Peace for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home